So what’d I miss?
Just kidding. I can’t start off with a stale joke.
Then I’d be Jay Leno.
Sorry. Had to do it.
It’s topical. Right?
The trade deadline was like really good and intense.
Better than past years.
5 Notable Trades of the Deadline.
1. The Oklahoma City Thunder get: No One.
Way overlooked. They didn’t move anyone and frankly I can dig it. Who could they have possibly added?
Kobe, LeBron, Dwayne Wade, Jermaine O’Neal, Carlos Boozer, Shaquille O’Neal… the list goes on.
But none of those players were available. Who was?
Brian Cardinal, Darko Milicic, Sebastian Telfair, Acie Law, Flip Murray…the list stops there.
So smart move. But then again, that’s OKC’s style. Making smart moves. And playing mediocre offense. But mostly smart moves.
2. The Sacramento Kings get: Dominic McGuire. The Washington Wizards get: Protected 2010 second-round pick from Kings.
This trade helps no one.
I’m losing faith in making trades at all.
3. The Knicks-Rockets-Kings Trade. I’m not typing all that out. And don’t say copy-paste because then the formatting is all goofy. Just leave me alone.
Tracy McGrady is the name like 90% of NBA fans care about. 8% care about Kevin Martin. 2% care about everyone else.
Hilton Armstrong, Joey Dorsey, Jordan Hill, Jared Jefferies… Big names.
Actually just cool-sounding names. But that’s not the point.
My faith in the deadline has been restored.
I just updated my faith status to restored.
I wish I had a third joke here but I’m out.
You’re supposed to tell jokes in groups of three right?
4. The Millwaukee Bucks get: Primoz Brezec, Royal Ivey and Sixers’ 2010 second-round pick. The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers get: Francisco Elson, Jodie Meeks.
Seriously, Trade Deadline? You’re gonna do this to me? I just started to believe again.. there goes that.
But, soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
He was John Wall minus the athleticism with infinity times the scoring.
5. The Washington Wizards get: Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, James Singleton, Quinton Ross. The Dallas Mavericks get: Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, DeShawn Stevenson.
An actually important trade.
The Mavs just got like REALLY good. Like compete-with-the-Lakers good. I think this definitely could be their breakout win-a-damn-championship year.
And I am NOT just saying that.
I will not be posting this weekend. Back on Monday.
With a Lookin’ Boy.