MLB teams wore the number 42 today to honor the great Jackie Robinson
frankly I like it. cool honor.
This brings me to the real point.
Tributes by way of uniforms.
Why, oh why, must the leagues be so strict?
If I want a picture of Lil Wayne on my shoe, why can’t I have it?
If I go out, why not have a Sean Taylor decal?
The strict rules are insane.
Examples of tributes I think are acceptable (and great):
- Messages to fans/other people EXXX: “Free Mike Vick” (thanks, Roddy)
- Pictures of people who are famous or visually pleasing EXXX: Weezy (thanks, me)
- Logos for charities or organizations that are sweet EXXX: NBA Cares (thanks, me)
- Cliche, I know, but the black bar even if you dont have a person directly near you who has died. people will think “how nice” [is that mean?] EXXX:Use electrical tape
- Simplistic one word messages. If you cant get your point across in one word, its not worth it. EXXX: Peace. or Hate.
- This is the lamest but hey! Copying decals you have seen before. EXXX: Sean Taylor Patch